Hendrick's Gin Distillery
A collaboration with Scottish interior design firm, Scarinish.
Hendrick’s Gin distillery is formed with the below key elements:
- A Victorian inspired walled garden which encloses three Glasshouses
- A central accommodation spine which houses a bar
- A lab space and lecture theatre
- Three individual Still Houses
- An external service yard with support facilities for the distillation process
Our focus for the project was on the bar, lab space, lecture theatre No.2, Still House and the central Glasshouse.
The Solus Solution
Service Provided: Full architectural lighting concept, specification and supply of fixtures for the front of house lighting in line with the brief from Scarinish Design.
What’s Special? For us, the whole project was really special – in particular the central Glasshouse, and No. 2 Still House. We were able to specify architectural lighting products in the still house outwith the ATEX zones. This allowed us to create a dramatic effect, which was one of the client’s goals.
Technical Details: We specified a range of dali dimmable fixtures from Molto Luce, using a 3000K chip with a premium CRI of >90 in the Still House and 2700K in the bar. A variety of beam angles were used to provide flexibility – and drama!